Yayasan Wadah Titian Harapan (“Wadah”) is a non-profit organization founded on the concerns of a mother for the welfare of the nation, especially of the grassroots. The future of a nation lies with them. We hope that through Wadah, they can achieve a better future, building towards future generations that are more resilient, more empowered, and more dignified.
Wadah is an abbreviation of the words ‘Wanita’ and ‘Harapan’ in Indonesian. Wadah has a literal meaning of ‘a place;’ however in practice, it also refers to a broader meaning of ‘a family’ or ‘a community’.
Wadah began by inviting families to be more attentive to educating the future generations.
Wadah expanded its services to promoting health and strengthening the family economy, taking further steps to support and train at the grassroots level holistically.
Wadah has also broadened its reach internationally with sister organizations registered in the Phillippines, Malaysia and India. Wadah was granted Special Consultative Status by the United Nations Economic and Social Council. A year later, in December 2017, Wadah received ISO 9001:2015 Certification, which was extended in December 2020.
Empowering individuals holistically through education, health, and economic development programs
To produce community leaders
WHAT MAKES WADAH UNIQUE
- It’s guiding priciple of Caring in Sharing and Giving
- It advocates values that uphold the dignity of the human being
- It respects local culture and traditions
- It is consultative, collaborative, inclusive
- It does not impose its agenda if change, instead
- It engages the community, its leaders, its stakeholders, its beneficiaries
- It seeks to bring out the best in the individual (it identifies individuals who are already doing good to become great)
- It develops role models, who lead, not by word, but by deed and by example
- It is not “project”-minded
- It is focused on sustainability