Yayasan Wadah Titian Harapan (“Wadah”) is a non-profit organization founded on the concerns of a
mother towards for the welfare of the nation, especially of the grassroots. The future of a nation
lies with them. We hope that through Wadah, they can achieve a better future, building towards
future generations that are more resilient, more empowered, and more dignified.
Wadah is an abbreviation of the words ‘Women’ and ‘Hope’ in Indonesian. Wadah has a literal meaning of ‘a place;’ however, in practice, it also refers to a broader meaning of ‘a family’ or ‘a community'.
Wadah began by inviting families to be more attentive to educating the future generations. Wadah expanded its services to promoting health and strengthening the family economy, taking further steps to support and train at the grassroots level holistically.
Wadah has also broadened its reach internationally with sister organizations registered in the Phillippines, Malaysia and India: Philippines Wanita dan Harapan, Inc.; Pertubuhan Wadah Kuala Lumpur & Selangor; Wadah Trust India. In 2016, Wadah was granted Special Consultative Status by the United Nations Economic and Social Council. A year later, in December 2017, Wadah received ISO 9001:2015 Certification, which was extended in December 2020.
Creating an empowered and dignified society
Empowering individuals holistically through education, health, and economic development programs
To produce community leaders who are qualified, proficient, and accountable in their respective specialities
Honesty and Sincerity
With the community growth in mind, WADAH conducts various programs and activities in its supported communities
WHAT MAKES WADAH "UNIQUE"?
- WADAH CARES
- Its guiding principle of Caring in Sharing and Giving
- It advocates values that uphold the dignity of the human being
- It respects local culture and traditions
- WADAH LISTENS
- It is consultative, collaborative, inclusive
- It does not impose its agenda of change, instead
- It engages the community, its leaders, its stakeholders, its beneficiaries
- WADAH INSPIRES
- It seeks to bring out the best in the individual (it identifies individuals who are already doing good to become great)
- It develops role models, who lead, not by word, but by deed and by example
- WADAH STAYS
- It is not “project”-minded
- It is focused on sustainability